Experts predict that over the next 30 years, the current U.S. building stock of 300 billion square feet will change dramatically, with 52 billion square feet being demolished, 150 billion square feet remodeled and another 150 billion square feet being added.
With more than 500,000 buildings, Government agencies can lead the Nation in energy efficient building design, construction and operation. As a major consumer spending as much as $200 billion annually on products and services, Government agencies can help foster markets for emerging technologies and promote energy efficiency.
Opportunities & Challenges
- New code requirements for lighting controls
- ASHRAE 90.1 2010
- CEC Title 24 and upcoming Title 20
- Earn LEED credits for both new construction and retrofit projects using lighting controls
- Energy costs are rising faster than ever before, making the reduction of energy consumption by businesses an increasingly more powerful competitive
advantage. With over 38% of a typical business’ energy bill related to lighting that puts energy saving controls for lighting squarely at the center of any effort to reduce energy expenditures.
- Reduce energy used for lighting in government facilities